How was the coloring? Did you read my blog last week? We talked about how coloring gives you a chance to live in the present moment without the worry of the past and the stress of the future.
It’s so easy to live in the past or think ahead to the future, but the real magic happens in the present moment. We can’t change the past, and we can’t guarantee the future so the only thing that is a definite is the present moment.
Being present, also known as being mindful is being aware of your own life. Do you find it so easy to fill your life with distractions that they become more important than being present in your own life?
You may be wondering how you can you be mindful when your life is so busy. The reality is you can be more productive when you are mindful. Being present is undoubtedly the only way to live life to it’s fullest.
When you are being mindful, you enjoy your friends and family more, you enjoy your food more and you simply enjoy anything you are doing more.
Want some ideas to practice being present or mindful in your life? (Other than spending time with your coloring book and colored pencils that is!)
1. Do one thing at a time. My experience is this takes lots of practice after being trained by society to multi-task.
2. Do you find yourself consumed with worry thinking about the future? If so, realize that they are just your thoughts and bring yourself back to the present moment.
3. Eat slowly and savor your food. Take the time to notice the color, texture and how you feel while eating.
4. When you are talking to a person, be present. How many times do we have a conversation when we are more focused on what we will say next instead of fully listening to the person right in front of us.
5. Pay attention to the small things because one day they may become the big things.
6. Take time to practice gratitude. Practicing gratitude is one of the simplest ways to improve all areas of your life.
7. Focusing on your breathing will align you with the present moment.
8. Spend time de-cluttering your environment. Living in the present moment can mean letting go of the past. Let go of anything that doesn’t allow you to be in the present moment.
Ready to become more present in your life to create a life you love? A life where you enjoy spending time with those you love, paying attention to the sweetness of life and living life to it’s fullest.
With so many distractions pulling you away from living in the present moment, it can be helpful to have the support and accountability from a coach–someone who can guide you to creating a life that you love. Let’s go on that journey together!
Do you have something that helps you stay present in your own life? I would love to hear what bubbled up for you when reading this post so feel free to comment below. Should you have any questions or want to connect, you can reach me at email@example.com.